Quantcast
_______________________________

Hyde Park Art Center Holds Holiday Art Sale and Fundraiser

11/29/2017, noon | Updated on 11/29/2017, noon
The Hyde Park Art Center is a space for artists in Chicago to gather and create art. The space encourages ...
The Hyde Park Art Center (pictured)opened their Holiday Oakman Clinton Studio Sale on Nov. 26. The sale offered a wide variety of art available at prices that can fit into anyone’s holiday budget.

Hyde Park Art Center Holds Holiday Art Sale and Fundraiser

By: Katherine Newman

The Hyde Park Art Center will be opened their Holiday Oakman Clinton Studio Sale and Fundraiser on Nov. 26, just in time for holiday shopping.

“The Holiday Oakman Clinton Studio Sale features work in a variety of media, including prints, textiles, pottery, paintings and more,” said Allison Cochran, School & Studio Coordinator at the Hyde Park Art Center.

The Hyde Park Art Center is a space for artists in Chicago to gather and create art. The space encourages artists to work as a community to

cultivate ideas, impact social change, and connect with new networks.

All of the unique artwork that will be for sale is made by students in the various programs that are offered at Hyde Park Art Center.

“There is quite a range of prices, and buyers can find great work on any budget,” said Cochran.

25 percent of the proceeds from the sale will be going back into art programs at the Hyde Park Art Center and the other 75 percent will go directly to the artists, according to Cochran.

The Hyde Park Art Center offers art programs for adults, teenagers, children, and seniors. The programs serve the creative and resource needs of artists and the community. Many classes that are offered provide artists with a majority of the necessary supplies, this is something that the art sale helps finance.

Through exhibitions, artist talks, studio art classes, international and local residency programs, free public events, satellite class sites, and

professional development opportunities, the Hyde Park Art Center is able to provide space for artists at every age and stage to develop their art practices, build connections, and impact the world.

For more information visit hydeparkart.org.